…Floorball Goalie Trainer or Goal Scoring Coach, Part 4
In hockey, one of the teams in Sweden on elite level has created their own shooting center to improve the goal scoring and shooting skills… fully appliccable to floorball.
Most of the teams also have special practices for goalies, during the weeks or months, but this team also have special practices for goal scoring!
During this shooting or goal scoring practice, the rink is divided into two areas, one for the offensive players and one for the defensive players. Each zone has four drills running at the same time.
1. Running in from the border “Shoot in the middle of the step”
2. Pass from one side, shoot directly at the other post
3. 2 vs. 0 – rebound – Shot from defensive player
4. Goalie freezed in right position, player tries to find the spots to score goal, by looking at the angle of the ball.
1. Pass vertically and a shot.
2. Pass from corner to a defensive player running towards the goal, shot.
3. Pass from the “pocket” (along the border), and shot.
4. A forward in front of the goal hold the stick up from the floor for shot on goal, or on the floor to make the defensive player to shoot for stearing the shot.
So, what if, we would put in as much effort as in training the goalies, to score goals and improve the shooting skills in floorball we would have really good goal scorers and snipers in floorball. Maybe we should also focus on goal scoring coaches / trainers?
This is the end for this theme, will be starting up a new one…